Hi, it’s your health coach Angela here to share some out-of-the-box ways to think about nourishing your body, mind, and spirit… without food!
You might be wondering why I’m talking about “nourishment” if I’m not talking about food? And that would be great questioning!
The reason I’m using the word nourishment outside of the context of food is because very often we find ourselves so over-focused on food that we forget about all the other simple and effective ways to nourish ourselves without food.
For example, taking a walk in the woods with our dog is calming and rejuvenating.
Lying on your bed listening to your favorite song while feeling a soft breeze caress your face is soothing and relaxing.
That feeling the grass tickle your feet as you watch clouds drift by is as effective as thoughtful meditation.
We actually “eat” all day with our senses… we “consume” our environment through all of our senses, not just taste, but through touch, feeling, sight, and sound.
Here are 5 ways to nourish your senses starting today…
1. Relationships: Seek out and nurture relationships with friends and loved ones that support you in feeling good about yourself and say goodbye to relationships that leave you feeling drained and depleted.
2. Environment: Remember that your environment affects your mood and your energy. Spend some time “designing your environment(s)” to support your sense of wellbeing, bring in some plants, paint in colors that inspire you, add great art, or interesting “conversation pieces” to your décor. And, if you find that you are stuck in an office for the majority of your day, design your day to include some time to kick off your shoes and feel the sunshine on your face and breeze on your skin.
3. Connections: We spend so much of our time “separately together” at our computers or within cubicles, yet it is so important for our spirits to make connections with others. When was the last time you joined a club or made new connections?
4. Sleep: There is no way around it, there is literally nothing like a great nights sleep to rejuvenate your body and restore your entire system to better align with its natural functioning.
5. Movement: Movement sparks your endorphins, which make you feel energized and excited while keeping your oxygen circulating through your system. Shaking off feelings of sluggishness and lethargy may be as simple as incorporating some movement to feel refreshed and alive.
You might be wondering, so, now what do I do?
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients come to the realization that there is more to a “healthy life” than food. In my practices I frequently refer to what I call the “5 Pillars to Wellness or Health Promoting Activities (HPA’s)”. Within these pillars are key elements to our health that need as much attention, care, and support as eating!
If you are tired of feeling like your life is lacking excitement and meaning and you want to find a way to feel nourished in all the areas of your life, then let’s have some conversation. Click on the link below to schedule a time to talk with me today so that I can help you feel more energized and alive than ever!
To your best health