Read on to find out how research shows that regular dieting is a waste of time and energy!
Hey, it’s your health coach, Angela to share some trade secrets about why I’m dissing on dieting.
According to Dr. Mark Hyman, American physician, New York Times best-selling author, and the founder and medical director of The UltraWellness Center, most diets predictably fail because of 5 key reasons…
1. You try to exercise your willpower to control your appetite instead of understanding there is a science behind hunger
2. Your focus is too much on counting calories (in some fashion)
3. Your diet consists of all low-fat foods
4. Your weight is actually affected by hidden reasons that require medical attention
5. You lack a solid health and weight loss plan to guide you on your unique journey
Dr. Hyman also says that when the average dieter loses weight, they lose muscle AND fat. But once they regain the weight, they gain back only fat… which will ultimately slow down your metabolism.
That is definitely NOT the direction we want to be going in order to achieve better health!
You might be wondering, how can I achieve better health without dieting?
Glad you asked that! Here are 5 secrets to success that will support better health without dieting:
1. Eat enough whole fresh food to satisfy your appetite (your body will be less hungry because it’s more fully nourished)
2. Eat protein for breakfast to boost your energy for the day
3. Eat your last meal three hours before bedtime to give your system time to digest before sleep
4. Make low-glycemic foods your diet staple such as nuts, seeds, chicken and fish so your blood sugar levels stay steady
5. Eat good fats at every meal such as avocado, nuts, seeds, olive oil (health fats are your friend, not your enemy)
In my health coaching practice, I support my clients in learning how to lose weight, gain energy, and increase their vitality without dieting. That’s huge!
If you are ready to take back the reigns of your health the effective and sustainable way, and make a commitment to being the healthiest version of yourself, then let’s have some conversation. Click the link below to schedule a time to talk with me today!
To your best health